Friday, March 5, 2010

WOLVERINE



This is an all-digital illustration. My first idea was to keep Wolverine's drawing in black and white with a red background, but the character looked too lifeless to me and I ended up coloring it too. I also wanted to give the line of the drawing a rough, wild feeling, which is a style that I keep loving more and more.
Some months ago I showed this Wolverine illustration to a comic editor, who didn't quite like it because found it not to be very Wolverine-ish (oddly enough, it wasn't a Marvel editor). Sometimes I feel kind of tired of all those badass pin-ups where we always see him furious, and that's why I wanted to draw a hieratical Logan. Anyway, I guess that editor was right and that illustration (which I just realized I drew about a year ago) isn't the typical Wolverine we are all used to, so I decided to try a similar pin-up portraying an angrier Logan this time.
The model for this illustration was pal Juan Carlos Fernández.
[Wolverine is a property of Marvel Comics]

No comments: