Thursday, July 1, 2010

I PITY THE FOOL... BECAUSE I'M THE BEST IN WHAT I DO



Almost a month ago actor Donald Glover started a campaign to get the role of Peter Parker in an upcoming Spider-Man movie. There's been a lot of debate in the internet about whether having a black guy portraying Marvel's famous wallcrawler is a bad or a good idea, and even Stan Lee gave his two cents about it.
I myself have been a bit torn. I don't think it's necessary to have a black guy playing Peter Parker, as if the only way to create interesting black characters was to change white character's race. On the other hand, Spider-Man is a very well known character, and iconic characters end up beeing modified and versioned all along time. After all, if Shakespeare's plays have been set in WWII, in modern fictional Florida cities and even in the future, why can't Marvel have a black version of Spider-Man?
With that in mind, I decided to create a black version of one of Marvel's most famous characters. A lot of actors came to my mind, but none of them was more charismatic than Mr. T.
[Wolverine is a property of Marvel Comics]

1 comment:

primo borch said...

Yo no lo veo http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/images/don-glover-spiderman.jpg

Sera que soy un poco purista o que tengo miedo a los cambios, pero no veo un spiderman negro.


Cojonuda la foto de barracus lobezno!


No conocia este blog, un abrazo!