Friday, December 31, 2010

FALLEN ANGEL



For this year's last post I chose a Liandra pin-up I just finished two days ago.
Peter David is one of my favorite writers, and FALLEN ANGEL is, without a doubt, one of my favorite comics of all time. Only an imaginative mind as David's could take an overused concept (Good vs Evil, Heaven vs Hell, etc) and use it to create such a collection of original characters, places and situations.
The comic has so much subtext and there's so much depth in its characters that, in my opinion, describing FALLEN ANGEL only as a superhero book is like, you know, saying 2001 and STAR WARS are the same just because both movies are science-fiction.
[Fallen Angel created by Peter David and David López]

2 comments:

Jo Grass said...

Me gusta tu Liandra!!! Tiene aspecto de villana estelar!
Felíz año, guapo!

Israel L. Escudero said...

Gracias! Happy new year para ti también!