Wednesday, April 6, 2011

CAT PORTRAIT #1: THE KNIGHT WITH A HAND ON HIS CHEST



For a lot of time now I've had in my mind the project of drawing a series of feline versions of famous paintings and pictures.
The painting I chose to start this series (that I don't know if will ever have a continuation) is this one, which is my favorite work by El Greco. I love the look in the eyes of the man and the serious, languid expression of his face. Also, the fact that for some time it was thought that the nobleman portrayed there was Don Quixote's author Miguel de Cervantes.
[The Knight With A Hand On His Chest is an original painting by Doménicos Theotokópoulos 'El Greco']

3 comments:

Diablo said...

Love the idea!

Keep working

Israel L. Escudero said...

Thanks!
I'm really busy these days but I hope to find some time to finish the two cat-portraits I already started.

Unknown said...

Ey irra! Dejo por escrito lo que te dije acerca este proyecto felino, que me encataba! y me encanta. A ver si puedes continuar el proyecto de los retratos gato.